If you want to get help on how to get the best out of your smile, East Cobb Family Dentistry is the best place to go. A range of procedures are made available in our dental clinic to we can serve you the best way we can, according to your unique and individual needs. Depending on the procedure, the transformation using cosmetic dentistry may take just one visit, to a number of appointments.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to a dental process or work that focuses on improving how the teeth and gum looks, and refining a person’s bite. It is also known to have its restorative benefits because it goes beyond restoring a person’s teeth to its normal functions; its goals also include attaining the most ideal result possible according to how the patients want it to be. For example, dental fillings previously used to treat decayed teeth were primarily composed of gold and amalgam that leaves visible spots to the teeth. Now, the patients have the option to select fillings made of porcelain or other materials that would match the color of your teeth and maintain the natural look of your teeth and smile.
To understand which procedure is right for you, the dentist will have to examine the condition of your teeth and he will also have to ask you of your desired result. In this part, you have to work closely with your dentist so that you can achieve your desired result.Once your dentist understands the end result that you want to achieve, he or she can explain to you the treatment options and plan a course of action. In deciding for the procedure your dentist will be performing on your teeth, he will ask you the following questions:
- What will the changes look like?
- What should I expect through the course of treatment?
- What type of maintenance will be required?
What is the difference between cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry?
There may be an associate between the two fields but what sets them apart is the level of expertise. A cosmetic dentist does more than just restoring the person’s teeth to its natural function, it seeks to achieve the most ideal result according to how the patient would want his or her teeth to look like. This involves a higher level of skill especially in the details to attain the desired results.
The following are some of common the treatments that cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth Whitening – or tooth bleaching is one of the most common and inexpensive cosmetic dental procedure. This can be done at home with the use of over the counter products or by getting a professional teeth whitening procedure from a dentist.
- Composite Bonding – this procedure corrects and fixes chipped, broken or even decayed teeth by applying an enamel-like dental composite material on the tooth’s surface, where it is shaped, sculpted and hardened with the use of a high intensity light. This treatment effectively covers the damaged tooth and gives the appearance of a healthy tooth in its place.
- Porcelain and Composite Veneers – veneers masks a variety of dental imperfection including teeth discoloration and gaps between teeth. These are hard, thin shells made of teeth colored material or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface of the tooth
- Inlays and Onlays – are also known as indirect fillings, and are made from composite materials in dental laboratories. The inlay is placed directly on to the tooth surface to provide filling to teeth with tooth decay or similar damage. They are attached to the teeth using dental cement to provide support to the teeth, restore their shape and prevent further decay and damage.
- Dental Implants – are used as a replacement after tooth loss. A small titanium screw is secured by the dentist into the jaw, to hold the bone and supporting tissue in place. It makes the replacement natural looking and almost indistinguishable from the surrounding natural teeth and creates a more youthful appearance.
- Smile Makeover – usually involves a couple of dental procedures including dental veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting and teeth whitening in order for the patient to achieve the look he / she wants. This will require an extensive assessment of the patient’s smile aesthetics to improve the overall appearance.
Contact EAST COBB FAMILY DENTISTRY for best cosmetic dentistry in marietta ga. Conveniently located on Johnson Ferry Rd.