Prevention is always better than cure when it comes to the overall health of a person. Undergoing preventive dental treatments are better than intensive which can be pretty painful or costly. Preserving the teeth is much better than having restorations, although dental procedures being offered nowadays are evolved than the traditional approach.
Dentistry has now a treatment being offered where everyone at any age is recommended to avail especially children for the protection of their teeth. It is referred to as Fluoride treatment that is performed by a dentist where they apply the solution directly to the teeth. It coats each teeth to fight-off bacterias that can cause tooth decay and cavities if left untreated.
At East Cobb Family Dentistry, we help our patients protect their teeth by offering preventive services including Fluoride treatment. The treatment does not require the removal of the enamel surface for its application. The treatment is ideal for anyone especially those who are too anxious to receive dental treatments like children and even adults.
Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that can be taken from certain foods and beverages. Some areas In the United States even have Fluoride on their water supply to help people fight off decay which is one of the leading cause of dental problems.
Best Practices that can Help Strengthen the Teeth
Fluoride helps prevent the rise of tooth decay by protecting the tooth enamel from acid attacks that are formed from plaque, bacteria, and sugars from foods eaten. Although the mineral is common, a natural process in the mouth can cause its loss which is bad for the teeth.
Demineralization is the process where the Fluoride coating the teeth are removed by acid attacks. On the other hand, remineralization is the process needed for the replenishment of necessary fluoride for teeth Protection.
To properly protect the teeth aside from Fluoride Treatments, certain practices should be performed to ensure the proper maintenance of the teeth for better overall dental health.
- Practice proper dental hygiene and care at home by using Fluoride rich dental products such as toothpaste and mouthwash. Make sure to follow the recommended daily intake of the substance to prevent any poor effects on the overall health of a patient.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings to keep the teeth healthy and strong. Dental checkups usually include Fluoride treatments to ensure the proper teeth protection every time. Dentists typically recommend scheduling appointments every six months to properly keep track of overall dental health and wellness.
- Avoid or reduce the intake of foods and beverages that are acidic and sugary to prevent the development of decay-causing bacterias that can cause harm to the teeth.
- Do not brush the teeth vigorously especially after eating acidic foods. Acid can make the teeth vulnerable to damage which is why it is advised to wait at least an hour after eating these foods and brushing the teeth.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, eating fruits rich in water, and eating sugarless gum. Proper hydration in the mouth promotes the sufficient saliva production which helps in keeping the mouth clean and healthy by acting as a natural mouthwash.
Teeth protection made easy thanks to Fluoride Treatments which helps supply the teeth with the needed substance to keep bacterias away to save the teeth from decay and cavities.
Get added protection to your teeth check out under our Preventive Services for Fluoride Treatment in Marietta, GA. Book your appointment with East Cobb Family Dentistry! Our dental office is located at 2969 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062.